Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July 24th

Three weeks travelling into my own biography part 4

Have you ever gone through 15 boxes of your former library, letters from 15 years, photos and slides and need to decide what you can take and what you have to say goodbye to in week? It is a journey in literature that meant so much to me, a library of novels, poems, professional books, art. Pictures of beloved landscapes and people who were dear and important and I took so many pictures and we wrote letters. And today: it is in my heart and biography but the material has to go.

It is a cleansing act and an astonishing trip to the local recycling center: I am standing with my goods that found no place in second hand shops, charity stores, public bookshelves, friends… at a place with at least 20 different containers with recycling goods. The local garbage depot is now called Depot for recycling goods. I am impressed and confident that my material will become something different. My respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment