Tuesday, August 4, 2015


July 19th
 
Three weeks travelling into my  biography part 1.

I am in the town of my parents, the town where I lived between age 9 and 18. Not the early childhood years with the first day in school and my first bike ride. But the shop I used to be sent to get milk in plastic bags (schlauch-milch), certain sausage in yellow skin, and golden toast for Sunday only. I went with my bike. For bigger errands I walked and pulled a bag on wheels, called the “heel-Porsche” (Hacken- Porsche). I was very active in the local catholic, especially in the grass root church with rock music and plans to bring more justice in our society and church hierarchies. I spent many hours in our first local fair trade shop, and we visited refugees in an era before public awareness for globality was mainstream. WWII had ended only 35 years ago and the traumata were still fresh. The same time it was the era where “guestworkers” from Turkey, Italy, Greece, Yugoslavia…were invited to work in Germany. No integration and only recently, 40 years and 3 generations later, Germany publicly considers itself as an country of immigration.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment