Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July 22nd
 
Three weeks travelling into my own biography part 3
 

The local outdoor swimming pool where I always had a seasonal ticket. I had a sweetheart for whom I was waiting. Would he come today? Would he look at me when I swam? And would we go for a walk after the swim?? I had bought from my pocket money a heavenly smelling lilac soap that I used for the shower after the swim. Even today, 35 years later, I know a few people who still go for their daily swim. We greet each other with respect after I introduced myself to one or two. With others we greet each other with the group smile of the morning swimmers.  At home in Brentwood, I am a morning swimmer as well, in our local community pool. Where ever there is a possibility to swim in the morning before breakfast, I am in!  Here in Herzogenaurach is no special morning swim time and serious swimmers met the people who want a social hour and doing exercises. It is good to be early and I got a lane either under the 3 meter jumping board (closed in the morning) or in the children section on the right side. A pleasant routine in a place where I am a guest and need to adjust to my hosts, parents who live a very tight schedule that gives them security. I try very hard to be a good guest, knowing that my presence means a lot but is also a challenge to their routine. I see my struggles to find my place and their struggles to be good parents with their own wounds and limitations. It is good to have this time with them.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment