Sunday, August 9, 2015


August 6th
 
Last entry
 
Today is the commemoration of 70 years of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, a disaster that I hope will never be done again. I feel the weight all day long. I am sure my parents feel it as well and the friends I meet today.  A sunny hot day in Bamberg. A friend of study times in Bamberg who is a vivid hobby gardener and I are watering apple trees and I admire here plot in the intercultural garden. The project is at the Regnitz River 20 minutes from the city center on the compound of a yarn factory where I did a work study 30 years ago cutting string of spindles 8 hours of day in shifts and learn and write about the workers who were working there decades. For lunch I stroll to the Rose garden, meeting my spiritual mentor Anne from 25 years ago from my theology times, a lively, warm hearted and open minded professional and simply a good mensch. She made church for many people a better place. We are talking about the possibility to offer Feldenkrais for clerical personal. I would be delighted to return to the place of my first intense studies and inner journeys, to work with persons on their awareness, balance, physical movement habits with the joy, playfulness and gentleness of this approach! For the tea hour in the afternoon I am invited at my Biblical literature professor, where I wrote my first thesis about feminist biblical approaches (of 182 pages!) and who trained me in critical and systematic thinking. It is great to have talks about biblical literature and research, an area that was once so important for me – my life took me quite a bit away from that activity. But when I think about it: therapeutic evaluations and looking for essence is still my daily occupation!

 

 
 
 


 

Sitting by my holy linden tree, a last visit before I leave Germany again. Sunset in full colors.

I am sad to leave the area. The same time thankful. 3 months sabbatical. What will the future be?

I made connections to work with Feldenkrais also in Germany. But now a start in the US is the next step.

I wanted unlearn hectic and narrow approach of rehabilitation and make place for variation, play, heart connections, grounding myself. An ongoing learning process.

 

 


 

 

 

For you in the Prince Georges Park/Maryland USA area, our open house for my Movement Clinic is on September 20 th.

Address:

 7100 Baltimore Avenue Suite 207, College Park. If you can, come!
For you who “travelled with me” on the blog in Europe and we have shared hours or days with each

No comments:

Post a Comment