Saturday, August 8, 2015


August 1st

This week in this Sabbatical, I joined my godchild Noah, his family for their first week of family vacation at the “Darss” at the Baltic See (Ostsee). A week camping in a very comfortable tent with a sleeping and living section near “one of 20th nicest beaches of the world”! It was a week of severe storms, rain and cold and I made good use of all my clothes. “My family” gave me a second blanket, a thermos with hot water and the obligatory warm water bottle for cozy nights. In the mornings, I swam for 20 minutes even in the rain, enjoyed being carried by the waves and afterwards a hot shower and most of the days warm family hours with wonderful Noah, his smart and charming sister and their two moms. It is a challenge to be close to a family but still the 5th person on board. The same time everyone did her and his best to build connections and spend quality time together. I would say to live family let it be social or biological, always touches deep stuff, and for sure I did for me: belonging, connections, being seen and heard, communication, safety….

 

 

 
 
 


On my last day the sun came out. Beautiful…!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment