Tuesday, June 23, 2015


June 21st

Summer solstice in Bamberg

At about as little as 12 degree Celsius, packed in all the shawls and sweaters I possess, I sit under my sacred linden tree in Bamberg. A rainy day and quite anti-climactic to the images of summer solstice. Nevertheless, the tree is blossoming in all its pride and hundreds of bees humming a song of linden blossom honey. I was curious if I might find some groups lightening a summer solstice fire, but maybe I am too early. In the Christian communities, the fires are lit at Saint John and that is on June 24th.

I have the tree, the bench and the hill for myself and am sheltered from the rain!


 

This week end marks the turn in my sabbatical. Besides a guest lecture at the Bethlehem University, I have traveled mainly on a vacation schedule. I have enjoyed places and times with people that were on my bucket list and visited my beloved countries. I have given myself a real break of a hard working routine and filled my soul, mind and body with rich experiences, practiced to slow down and let be, be grounded and encounter the landscapes and the people with an open heart. Not that I succeeded in that all the time. I have stumbled over my impatience and ego. I am still a beginner in listening to myself and others. But I am on the way towards a life style that will enable my future professional practice. And it is time to start thinking about that now.

The next weeks I will be in Germany with my family and/or my godchild. I will start working on the advertisement for my Feldenkrais practice in College Park.

I was pretty good keeping my plan to study an hour a day wherever I was.

I had the joy to work with Fatima several times with the Feldenkrais work and we even filmed some bones for life processes. I already heard her family in Amman is doing them. For my dear Feldenkrais and Bones for Life colleagues: It is pure pleasure to practice a method with a person who still knows how to carry things on her head and what it means to be efficient in skeletal support for daily activities. There is also a lot of listening and translation involved. A great adventure.

I also had the pleasure to give a Feldenkrais lesson to my Turkish German friend in Oren. And we both have the dream to have a Feldenkrais workshop with lots of walking, swimming and as usual being on the floor in her newly renovated enclosed roof garden of her guesthouse (excellent food included).

Want to join? Let me know, we can organize it!

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment